Monday, July 26, 2021

4/19/19

Emma had a spinal MRI on Tues. I got a call from the neuro surgeon Wed that they found an abnormality on her cervical spine.  Her top few vertebrae are deformed. It’s called Basilar Invagination: ‘a relatively rare condition in which the upper portion of the second cervical vertebra migrates upward and posteriorly into the intracranial space.’
She said we needed to go get xrays done that day to be able to clear her for surgery as this conditions adds new risks to it. Emma was so unhappy that she had to go to another doctors appt but she was a good sport about it. I got a call today that the xrays confirmed diagnosis but nothing worse so the doctor was able to clear her for surgery as long as they are aware of and make adjustments with this new development but we’re good to go. What a roller coaster! Emma asked me last night, ‘I don’t have anymore Doctors appts until my surgery?’ I said nope but your realize your surgery is on a Monday, right?’ She said, ‘Yep!’ I’m glad that seamed far enough away that she can enjoy Easter weekend and that feels like a break to her. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter and we’ll keep up updated on how the surgery goes. 

P.S. This is a picture of Emma bringing me breakfast Thurs. morning. We had a long day Wed when I had to drive her to LA to get those xrays unexpectedly and then be back in time for YW mutual I was in charge. Even though she was tired she did this for me all on her own ambition. What a sweetie!  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QuMvUIrYr8kgCbr31dhLcUylzTwYFvdA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home